Dear Anyone - family Advice  

HOW IT WORKS:

1. Read the letter below asking for advice about family.
2. Click on a house to give your advice.
3. View the voting results in this box. Repeat.

Dear Anyone,

We live beside my sister-in-law and her daughter. They take in stray cats. They feed them commercially available food or table scraps only sporadically, rationalizing that cats are hunters and will find their own food, and they don't spay or neuter or get them shots. I'm worried about the risk to public health, including ours. I'm also worried that the cats are being mistreated because my niece doesn't handle them in the gentlest way. I don't want to start a family feud, but should I turn my sister-in-law in?

Animal Lover in Anguish

WHAT'S YOUR ADVICE?

Vote for Option A   
A:  Turn her in, but try to make an anonymous complaint. The situation is inexcusable and not healthy for the cats or the neighbors.
Vote for Option B   
B:  Compromise. Ask her to find homes for all but a couple of the cats. Offer to help her pay vet costs for the ones she keeps.
Vote for Option C   
C:  Start carting the cats off to the animal shelter surreptitiously.
Vote for Option D   
D:  Mind your own business. A few dozen cats aren't worth creating a rift in your family.

Skip this question